If you were involved in a car accident, would you have the presence of mind to gather all the critical information you needed for your claim? For Safeco policyholders who have iPhones, things just got easier with Safeco’s new and free iPhone application. The app, an exciting benefit for Safeco customers, is designed to make it easier to work with Safeco when filing a claim.
Key features of the app
- Claim submission toolkit — The toolkit allows customers to capture information and photos from an auto or home incident immediately after it happens. We understand how stressful a car accident or leaky roof can be, so we included checklists to help customers gather the correct information. All they have to do is type in or photograph the relevant information, such as the other driver’s name and insurance information. After they call our Claims department, they can e-mail the information to us.
Note: The app is not meant to be a first notification of loss (FNOL), but is intended to make it easier to provide Safeco’s Claims department with additional information about the incident. The app reminds the policyholder to call Safeco to file their claim prior to e-mailing the supplemental information or photos.
- Insurance ID cards and policy declaration pages — Using the application, a policyholder can view their policy’s declaration page and insurance ID card right from their iPhone. If a customer doesn’t have a Safeco.com account, they will be directed to sign up on Safeco.com. Note: State governments do not yet accept digital ID cards as proof of insurance.
- Status of pending claims — Basic information about claims status, including their adjuster’s contact information, is also available through the application.
- Find an agent — Find a nearby agent with the handy map feature or search for one in any ZIP code. Existing customers will find their agent’s contact information with their account information in the app.
- Roadside assistance — Find out who to call when your car breaks down.
If you have an iPhone, download the app and try it out for yourself! Safeco plans to track the adoption of the iPhone application and if there is sufficient demand look at developing apps for other mobile phone systems.