The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) just published a checklist with tips for Safe Winter Driving.
No one wants to break down in any season, but especially not in cold or snowy winter weather. Start the season off right by ensuring your vehicle is in optimal condition.
Here are the bullet points, download the checklist for full details:
- Get your car serviced now.
- Check your battery.
- Check your cooling system.
- Fill your windshield washer reservoir.
- Check your windshield wipers and defrosters.
- Verify floor mat installation to prevent pedal interference.
- Inspect your tires.
- Check the age of your tires.
- Know your car.
- Plan your travel and route.
- Stock your vehicle.
- Learn what to do in a winter emergency.
- Protect yourself and your loved ones.