Mercer Island WA Vehicle Insurance [FAQ]
Obtain Immediate Evidence of Insurance Coverage!
You Do Not Need Vehicle Insurance Coverage… Until You Do#AccidentsHappen
We write car and truck insurance coverage for Mercer Island motorists. And lots of it. If you desire to get the best auto insurance at a low-price, what would you do? Breathe easy, inexpensive vehicle insurance coverage is our specialization. Let us be your insurance shopper. We will get you properly insured immediately with immediate proof of insurance so you can not worry.
If you received a ticket for no insurance, we can get you properly insured before you see the judge so you can drive legally and possibly get your ticket reduced. Our agency offers insurance for Mercer Island and all of King County and we are the general car and truck insurance specialists. No matter where you are driving in the state, farm, city, or on the freeway insurance is needed. Simply get yourself insured today!
Find the coverage you want to have at a cost you can manage. We specialize in representing the progressive insurers that provide the very best rates for normal american family car owners in Mercer Island.
Our Client’s Reviews Speak for Us
Anxious about who to count on to manage your insurance requirements? Take a look at the fantastic Google Reviews left by our customers. Can 1300+ individuals be wrong? When you are ready to get your auto insurance coverage started, call us for a fast and free insurance quote. A general auto insurance quote from Mid-Columbia Insurance is more affordable than All State Farm Ers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Every thing you may need to learn about buying affordable car insurance in Mercer Island.
- Do you need to have cars and truck insurance coverage in Mercer Island Washington?
- What is the fine for driving without car insurance coverage in Mercer Island Washington?
- What is the most affordable cars and truck insurance?
- What company has the least expensive cars and truck insurance?
- Do I actually need to buy vehicle insurance coverage?
- What are the Washington state auto insurance coverage rules?
- Can you get Automobile insurance coverage without a drivers license?
- Can I simply buy state minimum limits?
- Should I drive an automobile I recently bought without insurance?
- How do I analyze insurance coverage quotes?
- Who can I insure to drive my vehicle?
- How can I get the most affordable car insurance coverage
- Is Washington a no-fault vehicle insurance state?
- When is a great Time to shop for insurance coverage?
- Are you required to have vehicle insurance to get your driver’s license?
- Why are you waiting?
Do you need to have cars and truck insurance in Mercer Island Washington?
What is the fine for driving without car insurance in Mercer Island Washington?
What is the most inexpensive cars and truck insurance?
Who has the most inexpensive automobile insurance coverage?
The most inexpensive vehicle insurance depends upon a number of ‘responsibility’ considerations and just how much each company weights each element.
- If your driving MVR is clear, you have good credit, and you have actually carried higher liability limits for a a few years, Progressive and Safeco will probably have the very best prices for you.
- If your driving MVR is clean however you haven’t had insurance coverage or have simply had the state minimum, Progressive or National General will probably have the best rates for you.
- If you have actually picked up a couple tickets or had a wreck, Dairyland and National General will most likely have the very best rates for you.
- If you have had more than two collisions or are collecting citations like they are Pokemon, then Kemper Specialty and The General will most likely have the very best price for you.
Among the benefits of partnering with an independent agency is that we have several companies and can quote your insurance coverage for you and get you the very best rate possible.
Do I really need to have cars and truck insurance coverage?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2016 approximately 7,277,000 police-reported traffic wrecks happened and 3,144,000 people were injured in those accidents and 37,461 people died, an average of 102 individuals each day, one death every 14 minutes.
Another word for “liable” is “responsible.” So, if you are responsible for wreck, you really need responsibility insurance aka liability insurance in order to ensure financial relief to the victims of the mishap.
Attempt to think of a world without vehicle insurance. Every time you went for a drive, you would be risking your life savings and your future income. Insurance is designed to help protect you from pricey and sometimes ruinous incidents including legal expenses if you are taken to court because of an accident.
The benefit of good insurance is only revealed when you need it most. Simply put, you do not need insurance … till you do. #AccidentsHappen
5 Reasons Why You Really Needed Automobile Insurance Coverage
- Save a lot of cash later by paying a bit today
- Secure your house, savings accounts, and other possessions from a suit
- Protect the investment you have in your car or truck
- Cover you, your passengers, and your vehicle if hit by an uninsured motorist
- Take care of medical bills for you and your guests after a traffic collision
So, do you truly need to have auto insurance coverage? Only if you wish to protect your possessions and drive lawfully. Your other option is to get friendly with your neighborhood bus or uber driver.
What are the Washington state car insurance coverage laws?
The minimum car insurance needed in Washington state is as follows:
- Bodily Injury Liability Protection: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability Protection: $10,000 per accident
Personal Injury Protection and Uninsured Motorist protections have to be made available by the insurance provider but the law permits you to reject them by signing a rejection form.
Not only should you have insurance, but the law likewise necessitates that any time you are driving a car in the state, you must have the ability to present your evidence of auto insurance to law enforcement.
Failure to show evidence of coverage when requested by a police officer is a violation and can result in penalties of approximately $550.
Can I get Car insurance coverage without a driver’s license?
You can obtain car insurance coverage even though you do not have a driver license. Somebody might question why someone would bother but there are a number of legitimate reasons someone may wish to, all involving safeguarding themselves and their assets.
- You do not drive for health factors but you own a car or truck and a family members or a caretaker drives for you.
- Your license is suspended, you probably need to get insurance coverage and an SR22 filing so you can get your license back.
- You have a foreign drivers license and are visiting the United States.
- You do not drive but you have a teen who wishes to drive however you have to buy the car in your name since they are a minor.
- You’re trying to get your license and require practice with your learner’s permit before taking the driving test.
In all these situations and more we can help you in getting insurance coverage even if don’t have a driver’s license.
You are not lawfully obligated to have a drivers license in order to purchase vehicle insurance but most of the big-name insurance providers, like State Farm, GEICO, Allstate, and American Family, may not be able to help you without a driver’s’s license. Also, some agents may not be familiar with how and why this can be done or might simply not want to deal with it and therefore will brush you off with a fast ‘sorry’. Let us assist. We know our stuff.
Can I simply get state minimum liability limits?
If you don’t have any savings or assets, minimum liability insurance coverage might be enough however it would certainly not suffice to take care of significant injuries or to repair/replace a more recent auto. Without enough insurance coverage, your future wages may be garnished to cover the damage you create.
If you just are carrying the state-required $10,000 property damage and wreck an auto worth say $20,000, the insurer will pay the $10,000 but you are accountable for the remainder.
Basically, you are self-insuring for anything over the insurance coverage limits you have actually purchased. If you don’t want to have your salary garnished or your assets sold, seriously take into consideration buying higher limits of liability.
Can I drive an automobile I recently purchased without insurance coverage?
You can not legally drive a car without insurance coverage. Even if you just bought it. Washington state mandates all cars or trucks driven on public roads to be properly insured. The fact that you recently acquired the car does not change the guideline.
The good news is, if all of your currently owned autos are covered by one insurer then the insurance coverage for those cars automatically transfers for a couple of days (talk to your insurance provider to find out exactly how long).
If all of your cars or trucks are not insured with a single insurance company, you will want to call your agent before you drive off with the car. If you do not have an insurance policy, you ought to call Mid-Columbia Insurance before you drive off with the car
How do I analyze insurance coverage quotes?
- Make sure you are requesting each agent provide the very same insurance coverages
- Ensure that you have each agent quote you with the very same driving MVR
- Ensure you examine the company’s on-line reviews
It is really simple for a company to have a lower price if they are offering lower coverage or are not taking account of the very same tickets and crashes. Ensure that you’re getting an accurate comparison. Select the exact same package of coverages, limits, and deductibles and also the very same driving record for every quote you obtain.
After you’ve obtained a handful of car insurance quotes, consider the helpfulness of the agent you spoke to and how well they explained things and also if they suggested other insurance coverages. Then review the agency’s Google Reviews to make certain they meet your standards.
At this time you are ready to choose the company that is the very best fit for you and we trust it will be us.
Who may I add to drive my car or truck?
Where can I receive the most inexpensive vehicle insurance
Sometimes the most inexpensive rate is not the very best price. Are you getting the protection you need? Does the policy have coverages and exclusions that are reasonable to you?
An easy way for an insurer to have low rates is to deny every claim. Choose an insurance company with a great reputation and not a company whose only marketing is about saving you 15% or saving those who change some bogus dollar amount – you understand it is a lie. They know it works.
If you are just trying to find the lowest price you have a variety of options:
- Raise your deductibles.
- Get quotes from a number of companies. Each insurance company weighs rating factors differently so prices can vary by hundreds of dollars. As an independent agency, Mid-Columbia Insurance automatically shops several companies for you.
- Stop receiving tickets like others collect Pokemon.
- Only take the coverages you have to have.
Is Washington a no-fault automobile insurance state?
When is a good time to look for insurance?
When you cross significant life situations you need to reassess your auto insurance coverages as well as check if you qualify for more discounts. Here are times when your prices are likely to adjust. If the change is considerable, it might be a great time to request a requote.
- Adding or taking off a driver from your plan – might either raise or reduce your price depending upon the driver’s age as well as driving MVR.
- Revision of your credit report – if your score gets significantly better, ask your insurer if they can re-order your credit rating.
- Getting a house – You might now be in a different rating postal code as well as you may now get the homeowner’s discount as well as the bundling discount.
- Marriage or Divorce – Significant life change. May or may not affect your premium
- DUI or other significant violation – If your present insurance company learns about it, you will certainly be seeing a rate hike at your next renewal.
- Purchasing a new car – the insurer that had the best rate for your old auto may not be best with the new one.
- Accident – You possibly will forfeit your Safe Driver Discount even if the crash was not your fault.
- Relocating – every postal code has a different rate and also every company has different variables for each postal code.
- Putting on a teenage driver – They are three times more likely to be involved in a wreck, so consider yourself lucky if your insurance rate just doubles.
Are you required to have car insurance coverage to get your driver’s license
You don’t require automobile insurance to obtain your Washington driver’s license but when you take the driving test, you must show to the instructor evidence that the car you are going to use is insured.
So, if the auto belongs to another person, you can just present the owner’s insurance card to the examiner. Only be sure, for your safety and security as well as the vehicle owner’s, that their insurance will cover you as a vehicle driver.
What are you waiting on?
Mid-Columbia Insurance represents companies like National General, Safeco, Progressive, Dairyland, Foremost, Kemper Specialty, The General, Bristol West, and also other insurers that so many have come to know and rely on.
Likewise, as a result of the variety of insurers we partner with, we can cover most vehicles as well as most drivers even if they are categorized as a risky driver. Despite your driving record, if it is good, poor, or ugly, we can cover you.
Testimonials & Referrals
About Mercer Island
Mercer Island is a city in King County, Washington, United States, located on an island of the same name in the southern portion of Lake Washington. Mercer Island is in the Seattle Metropolitan Area, with Seattle to its west and Bellevue to its east.
Mercer Island is connected to the mainland on both sides by bridges carrying Interstate 90. The Lacey V. Murrow Memorial Bridge and the parallel Homer M. Hadley Memorial Bridge are floating bridges that span Lake Washington and carry, respectively, eastbound and westbound lanes of Interstate 90 and connect Mercer Island to the northern portion of Seattle’s South End. I-90 traverses the northern portion of Mercer Island and is then carried from the island to Bellevue over the East Channel of Lake Washington by the East Channel Bridge. Mercer Island is located closer to Bellevue than it is to Seattle, and is therefore often considered to be part of King County’s Eastside.
The population was 22,699 at the 2010 census and an estimated 25,894 in 2019. Mercer Island is the most populated island in a lake within the United States.[better source needed] The ZIP code 98040 is unique to Mercer Island. Mercer Island has the fifth highest per-capita income in the state of Washington and is one of the 100 richest ZIP codes in the USA according to the IRS figures for Adjusted Gross Income.