Some drunk driving statistics:
- There is an alcohol-impaired traffic fatality every 51 minutes
- 10,228 people died in alcohol-impaired crashes in 2010
- In 2010 alcohol-impaired crash fatalities accounted for 31 percent of all crash fatalities
- An estimated 1.5 million DUI arrests were made in 2008. Works out to one arrest for every 141 licensed U.S. drivers
- Women arrested for DUI increased by nearly 30 percent between from 1998 to 2007 while decreasing 7.5 percent for men
Have you received a DUI? Mid-Columbia Insurance is the SR22 expert so you can get your license back. You can call us or come into one of our offices in Kennewick, Pasco, or Yakima, or use our online quote page to build your car insurance policy with the coverages, options, and deductibles that you can afford.
The full Insurance Information Institute Report on Drunk Driving is available on their website and has much more detail.