As the seasons start to change and we head into fall, it’s time to think about home maintenance again! Keeping your home and vehicles in great shape makes them last longer, look great, and can prevent accidents and claims in the future.
Here are a few things you can do this fall to keep everything in tip-top shape!
- Close or install storms windows.
- Store outdoor furniture and cushions. They’ll last longer if you protect them during seasons they aren’t being used. Plus, it will keep pesky squirrels and birds out of your outdoor cushions!
- Have furnace professionally inspected now!
- Winterize outside faucets, put away hoses.
- Clean gutters and downspouts. This can protect the exterior of your home as well as your roof!
- Rake leaves and shred to use as mulch.
- Remove hoses from spigots and drain and store indoors, coiled and flat.
- Check windows and doors for weather-tightness and install weather stripping where needed.
- Clean the oven & stove drip pans.
- Have problem trees trimmed.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors when you set clocks back in the fall! Change the batteries.
- Gather firewood – if you plan to build fires in the winter, then now is the time to start gathering up that firewood. You’ll be glad you did when you’re nice and warm in front of the fireplace!
Regular maintenance of your home (and vehicles) helps prevent BIG issues later!