Fire calls: Walla Walla Fire Department responds to garage fire | Local
Fire calls: Walla Walla Fire Department responds to garage fire | Local

Source: Google News

Recent fire calls:

  • The Walla Walla Fire Department responded to a couch fire in a garage at 6:20 p.m. July 10 in the 100 block of West Morton St. in Walla Walla.

Upon arrival, fire units found a small detached garage with smoke coming out of an open overhead door.

Crews extinguished the fire. A discarded cigarette was the presumed cause.

The fire was contained to the couch. Damage was estimated at $1,000.

Walla Walla County Fire District 4 was also dispatched as part of a mutual aid agreement.

  • On July 9, the Walla Walla Fire Department was dispatched to a residential fire in the 100 block of East Chestnut at 7:50 p.m.

When fire crews arrived, smoke was coming from the eaves of a two-story house. Crews put out the fire after all occupants of the house were safely evacuated.

Firefighters had the blaze under control by 8:30 p.m. and remained on the scene for another hour to make sure no flare-ups occurred.

Property damage was estimated at $35,000. The fire was considered accidental. Electrical wiring inside the home was the presumed cause.

Walla Walla County Fire District 4 was also dispatched as part of a mutual aid agreement.