When winter arrives and temperatures go down, the risk of residential fires goes up, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. As the cost of heating homes increases, people turn to using fireplaces, wood stoves, space heaters and other cheaper alternatives to expensive utilities.
And because many renters mistakenly believe their personal property is covered by their landlord’s policy, a fire can be very costly for those without renters coverage.
Here’s why Safeco® Renters insurance is strong:
- Safeco’s renter’s policy is a great value that’s easy and fast to get started with your Mid-Columbia Insurance agent.
- Safeco’s Full Value Contents™ protection offers full replacement-cost coverage of items stolen, without deduction for depreciation, up to the limits and deductibles the customer selects.
- Safeco’s policy protects against property-damage claims by the property owner.
- Renters may be eligible for discounts for having burglar alarms, and could also receive discounts if they have multiple policies with Safeco.
- Additional coverages are available, including Personal Umbrella (with a qualifying Auto policy) for broader protection, as well as endorsements to schedule special possessions such as jewelry, art, antiques or collectibles.
Source: Safeco Insurance