Source: Google News
By The Chronicle staff
CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Vehicle Theft and Recovery
• A vehicle that was reported out of Olympia was recovered in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road at approximately 10 a.m. on Aug. 5. The vehicle was unoccupied at the time of recovery.
• A white 2000 Honda Civic was reported stolen out of a driveway in the 2300 block of West Oakview Avenue just after 10:45 p.m. on Aug. 6.
• A Chehalis man was cited for shoplifting from a store in the 300 block of Reynolds Avenue at 1:30 p.m. on Aug. 6.
• Clothing was reported stolen from an outlet store in the 1400 block of Lum Road just after 5 p.m. on Aug. 6.
• A woman reportedly stole over $200 in groceries from a store in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just after 8:10 p.m. on Aug. 6. The same woman reportedly stole a bottle of vodka from the same business on July 31. The case is under investigation.
• Merchandise was reported stolen from a business in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue at 4:50 p.m. on Aug. 7.
• Car keys were reported stolen from the 1300 block of Lum Road just after 5 p.m. on Aug. 5.
• A laptop was reported stolen from the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue just after 3:45 p.m. on Aug. 6.
• Kendall M. Godwin, 33, of Chehalis, was arrested in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue at approximately 5:30 p.m. on Aug. 7 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for alleged possession of a stolen vehicle, second-degree possession of stolen property, retail theft with extenuating circumstances and felony eluding. Godwin had allegedly fled the scene of a theft in a brown truck with no license plates on Harrison Avenue when an officer saw them “intentionally ramming and driving through two stopped vehicles on Harrison Avenue at Belmont Avenue.” Officers were able to catch up to the truck and keep Godwin from driving back out into the lanes on Harrison Avenue. Godwin fled on foot into some bushes and was apprehended by officers.
• A vehicle vs. motorcycle accident was reported at the intersection of East Summa and South Gold streets just after 11:45 a.m. on Aug. 5. Officers did not know the extent of injuries sustained in the crash as of Saturday morning.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 1600 block of South Gold Street just after 6 a.m. on Aug. 8 after a vehicle attempted to cross the roadway from one parking lot to another and failed to yield the right of way to a vehicle traveling southbound.
• Sophia M. Roses, 52, of Centralia, was arrested in the 300 block of Lowe Street just after 12:40 p.m. on Aug. 5 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence after she was involved in a collision.
• Hunter D. Healy, 23, of Centralia, was arrested in the 2700 block of Russell Road just after 12:45 a.m. on Aug. 5 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 500 block of North Iron Street just before 3 p.m. on Aug. 5.
• A hit-and-run was reported in the 700 block of H Street just after 3:10 p.m. on Aug. 5.
• A Centralia man was arrested in the 600 block of Harrison Avenue just after 10:20 p.m. on Aug. 5 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly trespassing and resisting arrest.
• A Westport woman was cited for trespassing in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue just after 2:35 a.m. on Aug. 6.
• A man reportedly refused to leave a business in the 300 block of Reynolds Avenue at 6 p.m. on Aug. 7.
• A Longview man was arrested at the intersection of West Main Street and North Washington Avenue just before 7:20 a.m. on Aug. 6 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for disorderly conduct and interference with a healthcare facility after he walked into traffic while intoxicated and then caused a disturbance at the hospital.
• Officers were dispatched to the 1500 block of Jensen Avenue just before 7:40 p.m. on Aug. 7 regarding a report of a “disorderly male pushing a shopping cart through a residential neighborhood and holding a knife up to his own throat.” No arrests were made.
• An unidentified subject reportedly lit a parked vehicle on fire in the 100 block of Floral Street just after 10:25 p.m. on Aug. 6. The case is under investigation.
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Just after 9:45 a.m. on Aug. 5, a hit-and-run that occurred at about 9 a.m. at the intersection of Northeast Hampe Way and Northeast Kresky Avenue was reported.
• A subject was cited for a hit-and-run in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 8:45 a.m. on Aug. 5.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported in the 500 block of West Main Street at approximately 10 a.m. on Aug. 5.
• Robert N. Henderson was arrested in the 500 block of Northwest Pacific Avenue at approximately 5 a.m. on Aug. 8 and was booked into the Lewis County Jail for allegedly driving under the influence after he reportedly backed into a pole and passed out in his vehicle.
• A man who was reportedly “following female workers around” was trespassed from a property in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 1:45 p.m. on Aug. 5.
• Two subjects who were reportedly “having sex” in a vehicle were trespassed from a property in the 800 block of West Main Street just before 6:40 p.m. on Aug. 6.
Man With Clown Makeup
• A man with a “painted on ‘Joker’ face” was trespassed from a business in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue at 8:10 p.m. on Aug. 5. He was described as wearing “(a) black cowboy hat, red flannel, gray pants (and) black shoes.”
• A man who was “possibly wearing clown makeup” was reportedly “yelling at the apartment complex” in the 200 block of Southeast Washington Avenue just before 6:10 p.m. on Aug. 6. He was described as wearing “cut-off flannel and cargo (pants)” as well as a Fedora hat and sunglasses.
• A disorderly subject whose “face (was) painted like a clown” who was reportedly “being creepy” was trespassed from a business in the 1400 block of Northwest Airport Road just before 12:55 p.m. on Aug. 7. He was wearing “sunglasses, (a) black wide-brim hat, (a) sleeveless flannel (and) green cargo pants.” He reportedly referred to himself “as Pennywise from the ‘It’ movies.”
• An attempted burglary reported in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 3:40 p.m. on Aug. 5 is under investigation.
• A case of telephonic harassment was reported in the 400 block of Southwest Parkland Drive just after 6:20 p.m. on Aug. 5.
• A verbal dispute was reported at the intersection of Southwest Cascade Avenue and Southwest First Street just after 9:40 p.m. on Aug. 5.
• A physical dispute that involved one party forcibly taking an infant from the other was reported in the 100 block of Southwest Lewis Street just after 7:05 a.m. on Aug. 7. The infant was unharmed. No arrests were made.
• Young children reportedly asked someone for a cigarette and hit other children at a waterpark in the 200 block of Southwest 13th Street at 5:30 p.m. on Aug. 7.
• Graffiti was reported on the Yard Birds property in the 2100 block of North National Avenue before 9:40 p.m. on Aug. 6.
• Trash cans were reportedly knocked over in the 500 block of Southeast Prospect Street just after 7:15 a.m. on Aug. 8.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 162 inmates, including 144 in the general population and 18 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 113 were reported male and 31 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 15 were reported male and three were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at [email protected] The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.