Too often, we hear about people who didn’t take the time to get the best recreational vehicle insurance and found out too late that their RV Insurance coverage wasn’t adequate to cover a substantial loss. Accidents, vandalism, and theft are just as likely to affect your travel trailer or motorhome as it would your car or home so it’s very important to make sure you have the coverage you need. You invest a lot in your RV, invest a little bit more for peace of mind.
Types of Recreational Vehicle Insurance:
Mid-Columbia Insurance offers a full line of RV insurance options for you. Be sure that you are properly covered before you hit the open road!
- Motorhomes (Class A, B, & C)
- Conventional Travel Trailers
- Fifth-wheel Travel Trailers
- Toy Haulers
- Folding Camper Trailers
- Truck Campers
- Utility Trailers
- Horse Trailers
- Bus Conversions (professional)
Enhanced RV insurance coverages
- Total Loss Replacement – provides you with a new, comparably-equipped RV if your RV is totaled within its first four model years. When the RV is in the fifth through seventh model years, the settlement is the higher of the actual cash value at the time of loss or the original documented purchase price. After the seventh model year, the settlement is on an actual cash value basis. (Coverage availability may vary by state and vehicle value.)
- Replacement Cost Personal Effects – pays for the replacement of your personal items in your RV that resulted from a covered loss. $1,000 or $5,000 of Replacement Cost Personal Effects coverage is automatically included at no additional cost with Comprehensive and Collision coverage depending upon the state in which the RV is rated. Additional limits of coverage are available up to $100,000 for an additional premium.
- Vacation Liability – pays for Bodily Injury and Property Damage losses that occur at your vacation site. $10,000 of Vacation Liability coverage is automatically included at no additional cost with Comprehensive and Collision coverage
- Emergency Expense Coverage – pays your expenses for hotels and transportation due to a covered loss. $1,000 of Emergency Expense coverage is automatically included at no additional cost with Comprehensive and Collision coverage.
- Recreational Vehicle Medical Payments Coverage – pays the cost for necessary medical treatment that is caused in an RV accident, regardless of fault.
RV insurance discounts to lower your rate
The insurance companies we partner with offer a number of discounts to help lower your rates. Browse some of them below.
- Multi-Policy – Already have a policy with the same company, such as auto, homeowners, renters, motorcycle, or boat? You’ll get a discount when you bundle RV insurance. The more policies you have with the same company, the more you’ll save.
- Quote in Advance – Earn a discount simply for quoting RV insurance at least one day before your actual policy starts.
- Original Owner – Are you the original owner of your motorhome or travel trailer? If so, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Pay in Full – Pay the full year’s premium and save.
- Responsible Driver – If you’ve had no motor vehicle tickets or accidents in the past three years.
- Prompt Payment – Possibly the easiest discount. Save money on your renewal simply for making your payments on time.
- Claim Free Renewal – If you have no at-fault claims, you’ll get a discount when your policy renews.
- Homeowners – Get a discount if you own your home, condo, townhouse, duplex, or manufactured home.
- Continuous Insurance – Get a discount for already being insured when you start your new policy.
- Paperless – When you choose to receive your documents via email.
Do You Rent Your RV Out?
All RV insurance is not created equal. We have options for those who rent out their RVs. Owners of RVs who occasionally rent out their vehicles now have an option for their RV insurance. Give us a call at (509)783-5600 to get more information!
Mid-Columbia Insurance – Your Trusted Insurance Broker
Give our RV insurance experts a call today at (509)783-5600 or click “Get a Quote” to request a quote on your RV. At Mid-Columbia Insurance, our goal is to get you the coverage you want at a price you can afford!