Cheap Car Insurance Washington State [FAQ] – Get Instant Proof of Insurance!
You Don’t Need Car Insurance… Until You Do#AccidentsHappen
We do write car insurance. And lots of it. If you need to get the best car insurance cheap, what would you do? Breathe easy, cheap car insurance is our specialty. Let us be your insurance finders. We can get you insured today with instant proof of insurance.
If you got a ticket for no insurance, we can get you insured before you go to court so that you can drive legally and possibly get your fine reduced. Mid-Columbia Insurance serves all state of Washington and is the general car insurance expert.
Find the coverage you need at a price you can afford. We specialize in representing the progressive insurance companies that offer the best rates for typical american family drivers in Washington.
Worried about who to trust to handle your insurance needs? Check out our great Google Reviews. Can 700+ people be wrong? When you’re ready to get your car insurance started, contact us for a fast and free insurance quote. A general car insurance quote from us is much cheaper than All State Farm Ers.
Everything you need to know about getting the best car insurance rates.
- Are you required to have car insurance in Washington state?
- What is the fine for no car insurance in Washington state??
- What is the cheapest car insurance?
- Who has the cheapest car insurance?
- Do I Really Need Car Insurance?
- What Are the Washington State Auto Insurance Laws?
- Should I Just Buy State Minimum Liability Limits?
- Who Can I Insure To Drive My Car?
- How Do I Compare Insurance Quotes?
- How Can I Get The Cheapest Car Insurance?
- Is Washington a no-fault auto insurance state?
- When is a Good Time to Shop for Insurance?
- What are You Waiting For?
Are you required to have car insurance in Washington state?
What is the fine for no car insurance in Washington state?
What is the cheapest car insurance?
Who has the cheapest car insurance?
The cheapest car insurance depends on a number of ‘responsibility’ factors and how much each company weights each factor.
- If your driving history is clean, you have good credit, and you have carried higher liability limits for a number of years, Safeco or Progressive will most likely have the best rates for you.
- If your driving record is clear but you don’t currently have insurance or have just been carrying the state minimum, National General and Progressive will probably have the best rates for you.
- If you have collected a couple tickets or accidents, Dairyland or National General will probably have the best rates for you.
- If you have had more than two accidents or are collecting tickets like they Pokemon, then Kemper Specialty will have the best rate for you.
One of the advantages of working with an independent agent is we have multiple companies and can shop your insurance for you to get you the best rate possible.
Do I Really Need Car Insurance?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2016 an estimated 7,277,000 police-reported traffic crashes occurred and 3,144,000 people were injured in those accidents and 37,461 people were killed, an average of 102 people each day, one fatality every 14 minutes.
Another word for “liable” is “responsible.” So, if you are responsible for an accident, you need responsibility insurance aka liability insurance in order to provide financial relief to the victims of the accident.
Try to imagine a world without car insurance. Every time you went for a drive, you would be risking your bank account and your future earnings. Insurance is designed to help protect you from expensive and sometimes devastating surprises including legal costs if you are taken to court because of an accident.
The value of good insurance is only revealed when you need it most. In other words, you don’t need insurance… until you do. #AccidentsHappen
5 Reasons You Need Car Insurance
- Safeguard your home, savings accounts, and other assets from a lawsuit
- Protect the investment you have in your car
- Pay for medical bills for you and your passengers after an accident
- Cover you, your passengers, and your car if hit by an uninsured motorist
- Save a lot of money later by paying a little now
So, do you really need car insurance? Only if you want to protect your assets and drive legally. Your other option is to get friendly with your local bus or uber driver.
What Are the Washington State Auto Insurance Laws?
The law says you must carry the following liability limits as a minimum:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: $10,000 per accident
Personal Injury Protection and Uninsured Motorist coverages must be offered by the insurance company but the law allows you to reject them by signing a rejection form.
Not only must you have insurance, the law requires that any time you are driving in the state, you must be able to show your proof of auto insurance to law enforcement.
Failure to show proof of coverage when requested by a police officer is considered an infraction and can result in fines of up to $450.
Should I Just Buy State Minimum Liability Limits?
If you have no savings or assets, minimum liability coverage may suffice but would not be enough to pay for serious injuries or to repair/replace a newer car. Without sufficient insurance your future wages may be garnished to cover the damage you cause.
If you are only carrying the state required $10,000 property damage and hit a car worth $20,000, the insurance company will pay the $10,000 and you will be responsible for the remainder.
Basically, you are self-insuring for anything over the insurance limits you have chosen to purchase. If you don’t want to have your wages garnished or your assets sold, seriously consider buying higher limits of liability.
How Do I Compare Insurance Quotes?
Once you’ve gotten several car insurance quotes with the same coverages, factor in the helpfulness of the agent you spoke to in explaining and suggesting coverages and check the agency’s Google Reviews to make sure they meet your standards. Then select the agency that is the best match for you.
Who Can I Insure To Drive My Car?
How Can I Get The Cheapest Car Insurance?
A simple way for an insurance company to have low rates is to fight every claim. Pick a company with a good reputation and not a company whose only advertising is about saving you 15% or saving those who switch some fake dollar amount – you know it is a lie. They know it works.
If you are simply looking for the lowest price you have a number of options:
Is Washington a no-fault auto insurance state?
When is a Good Time to Shop for Insurance?
When you cross major life events you should reassess your car insurance coverages and check if you qualify for better discounts. Here are some times when your rates are likely to change:
- Purchasing a car – the company that had the best rate for your old car may not be best with the new one.
- Adding or removing a driver from a policy – either could raise or lower your rate depending on their age and driving record.
- Marriage or divorce – Major life change.
- Moving – every zip code has a different rate and every company has different factors for those zip codes.
- Adding a teen driver – They are 3x as likely to have an accident, so count yourself lucky if your rate only doubles.
- Buying a house – You may be in a different rating zip code and may now qualify for the homeowners discount and bundling discount.
- DUI or major violation – If your current company finds out, you will be seeing a rate hike at your next renewal.
- Accident – You probably will lose your Safe Driver Discount even if the accident was not-at-fault.
- Change in credit score – if it gets significantly better ask your agent if they can have your credit score re-ordered.
What are You Waiting For?
Mid-Columbia Insurance represents companies like Safeco, National General, Dairyland, Progressive, Kemper Specialty, Foremost, Bristol West, and others that millions have come to know and trust.
Also, because of the number of companies we represent, we can insure most cars and drivers even you if you are considered a high-risk driver. No matter if your driving record is Good, Bad, or Ugly, we can insure you.
Testimonials & Referrals
I’m glad I called Mid Columbia today, Kristen was super helpful in getting me quoted at rate that worked for me. Mid Columbia Insurance seems like great family run business. #NotgoingbacktoGeico
Daisy was amazing at helping me get a policy today. Thank you so much. You were amazing and loved your bubbly personality and how happy and cheerful you were. I will definitely refer your name out to everyone. Gracias muchacha
Kyle was great with helping me out with my SR-22
We Offer Car Insurance in the Following Cities
Mid-Columbia Insurance writes auto insurance in Othello, Ritzville, Clarkston, Asotin, Kennewick, Richland, West Richland, Prosser, Benton City, Wenatchee, Chelan, Cashmere, Leavenworth, Entiat, Port Angeles, Sequim, Forks, Vancouver, Camas, Battle Ground, Washougal, Ridgefield, La Center, Dayton, Longview, Kelso, Kalama, Castle Rock, Woodland, East Wenatchee, Bridgeport, Rock Island, Republic, Pasco, Connell, Mesa, Kahlotus, Pomeroy, Moses Lake, Ephrata, Quincy, Mattawa, Warden, Royal City, Soap Lake, Grand Coulee, Electric City, George, Aberdeen, Hoquiam, Ocean Shores, Montesano, Elma, Westport, McCleary, Cosmopolis, Oakville, Oak Harbor, Langley, Port Townsend, Seattle, Bellevue, Kent, Renton, Federal Way, Kirkland, Redmond, Shoreline, Sammamish, Burien, Issaquah, Des Moines, SeaTac, Maple Valley, Mercer Island, Kenmore, Tukwila, Covington, Lake Forest Park, Snoqualmie, Woodinville, Newcastle, Duvall, Normandy Park, North Bend, Black Diamond, Clyde Hill, Medina, Algona, Carnation, Auburn, Enumclaw, Pacific, Bothell, Bremerton, Bainbridge Island, Port Orchard, Poulsbo, Ellensburg, Cle Elum, Kittitas, Roslyn, Goldendale, White Salmon, Bingen, Centralia, Chehalis, Napavine, Winlock, Morton, Mossyrock, Toledo, Vader, Davenport, Sprague, Harrington, Shelton, Omak, Okanogan, Brewster, Oroville, Tonasket, Pateros, Raymond, South Bend, Long Beach, Ilwaco, Newport, Tacoma, Lakewood, Puyallup, University Place, Bonney Lake, Edgewood, Sumner, Fife, DuPont, Gig Harbor, Orting, Fircrest, Buckley, Roy, Ruston, Milton, Mount Vernon, Anacortes, Sedro-Woolley, Burlington, Stevenson, North Bonneville, Everett, Marysville, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Lake Stevens, Mukilteo, Mountlake Terrace, Mill Creek, Arlington, Monroe, Snohomish, Stanwood, Brier, Sultan, Granite Falls, Gold Bar, Woodway, Spokane, Spokane Valley, Cheney, Liberty Lake, Airway Heights, Medical Lake, Deer Park, Millwood, Spangle, Colville, Chewelah, Kettle Falls, Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, Yelm, Rainier, Tenino, Walla Walla, College Place, Waitsburg, Prescott, Bellingham, Lynden, Ferndale, Blaine, Everson, Nooksack, Sumas, Pullman, Colfax, Palouse, Tekoa, Yakima, Sunnyside, Grandview, Toppenish, Selah, Union Gap, Wapato, Moxee, Granger, Zillah, Mabton, and Tieton