Protect Your Weekend Escapes, Outdoor Chores, and ATV Adventures
Whether you are using your all-terrain and utility vehicles for pleasure or to make everyday tasks more thrilling, you want to make sure that it’s covered. You may think it is covered by your homeowners insurance or your auto insurance but in most cases, it is not. This is a common misunderstanding and we can help make sure you are covered if any of the following should happen:
- Damaged by water, fire, or other cause
You can prevent the hassle of these and other losses with a Dairyland off-road vehicle insurance policy through Mid-Columbia Insurance. You can have up to 12 vehicles and multiple types of ORV/UTV/ATV vehicles on one policy and bill.
ATV: A four or six-wheeled vehicle designed for off-road use, with a straddle seat and handlebars.
Snowmobile: Also known as a “Snow Machine,” has two front skis and a rear track system designed for snow use, with a straddle seat and handlebars.
UTV (side-by-side): A four or six-wheeled vehicle designed for off-road use, with bucket or bench seats, a steering wheel, and some type of roll bar cage. May or may not have doors and/or a utility bed.
Dirt bike: Also known as “Trail Bike,” two-wheeled vehicle designed for off-road use. Does not have manufacturer components that would make it legal for on-road use.
What could make your off-road insurance experience more fun? The ability to save money! Some of the available discounts include:
- Advanced Quote Discount – Applied if the policy is started at least one day prior to the effective date.
- Claim-Free Renewal Discount – Automatically applies at renewal if there are no at-fault accidents during the previous policy period.
- Experience Discount – Based on the number of years as a licensed driver.
- Garaging Discount – If the vehicle is primarily stored in fully enclosed and secured structure.
- Home Ownership DIscount – Applies if the insured resides in a home they own.
- Loyalty Discount – When adding a vehicle of the same type to an existing policy that has been in force 12 or more months.
- Motorcycle Endorsement Discount – If the operator has a valid motorcycle endorseemnt on their drivers license.
- Multi-Line Discount – If you have your auto or home insurance with the same insurance agency.
- Multi-Vehicle Discount – Automatically applies if there are two or more vehicles on the policy.
- Operators Safety Discount – Completing an approved safety course for the applicable vehicle type within the past 5 years.
- Ownership Discount – Applies when the vehicle is not financed.
- Paid-in-Full Discount – Applies when the full year is paid in a single payment.
- Prompt Payer Discount – Automatically applies at renewal if there are no lapses, late payments, NSFs, etc in the previous policy period.
- Rider Group Discount – For members of approved rider groups.
- Transfer Discount – Applies on new policies when the policyholder has had prior insurance within the past 60 days.
* Not all discounts are available in all states and all situations.
Coverages unique to off-road vehicles include:
- Enhanced permissive use provides the policy’s full liability coverage for any driver who has the permission from the insured to operate the vehicle. Without this coverage, any driver who has permission from the insured person will only have the state’s minimum liability coverage, not the limits purchased by the insured.
- Submersion pays for expenses incurred for the salvage or recovery operations due to a complete or partial submersion of the vehicle. The maximum limit is $2,500.
- Transport trailer can be added for any vehicle type and pays for accidental damage to your transport trailer caused by events such as fire, severe weather, vandalism, flood, theft or impact with animals, another object, or vehicle upset.
- A transport trailer must be principally designed for transporting motorcycles or off-road vehicles. This means the trailer with any living or sleeping quarter is an unacceptable risk.
- Available in four increments of coverage from $2,500 to $10,000, with a $500 per occurrence deductible.
Mid-Columbia Insurance – Your Trusted Insurance Broker
Dairyland offers the reliable coverage and convenient claims service you need to help protect you, your family, and
your off-road vehicles.
Give our insurance professionals a call today at (509)783-5600 or click “Get a Quote” to request a quote on your insurance. At Mid-Columbia Insurance, our goal is to get you the coverage you want at a price you can afford!