National General Car Insurance
• Get Affordable Car Insurance Today! •
After almost 80 years of experience insuring vehicles, National General has learned that auto insurance isn’t about cars and trucks – it’s about the people inside them. Getting a lower rate on your car insurance doesn’t mean you have to skimp on the level of protection and service you get for yourself, your family and your vehicles.
National General Auto Insurance is offered through Mid-Columbia Insurance as an authorized agent representing National General Insurance in Washington state. Whether you have collected a few tickets or are just looking to save some money by switching insurance companies,
Washington law requires every driver to carry insurance, but not every policy is the same. We at Mid-Columbia Insurance know you have many choices when it comes to auto insurance. We’ll help you understand your coverage options. Call us at (509)783-5600 or fill out the quote form for a National General Car Insurance Quote.
The Coverage You Want At A Price You Can Afford
Choosing the right insurance coverage is like choosing the right car. You want it to fit your needs and your lifestyle but also to be within your budget.
Washington state requires you to carry a minimal amount of liability coverage but higher limits and other coverages are highly recommended and are available.
Getting the right Insurance coverage is important. We will help make sure understand all your options so you can make an informed choice.
Already Insured with National General?
If you already have National General car insurance and are just looking for an agent to help you, it is easy to move your policy to our agency so we can be your agent and help you. Call today and speak to one of our insurance specialists!
Request a National General Insurance Quote
"*" indicates required fields
25+ Years Experience
Mid-Columbia Insurance has over 25 years of experience helping drivers get the insurance they want. We love National General but they might not be the right fit for you. As an independent agent, we always quote you with multiple companies and we know how to get you the most affordable insurance no matter your situation.
Why We Recommend National General Auto Insurance
You’ve probably seen thousands of commercials on tv about low car insurance rates if you drive like a lizard or throw like a quarterback. National General does not spend the millions of dollars it takes to run those commercials over and over again. Instead, they partner with local independent agents, like Mid-Columbia Insurance, to make personal connections with our clients.
If you’re wondering if you can get affordable car insurance that provides the coverage you and your family need, get a quote from us and we will see if National General can offer you the best rates or if one of our other companies can do a better job. (It is nice not to be shackled to just one company.)
National General offers some great features (detailed below), that save our customers lots of money.
National General Auto Insurance Coverages
Build Your Own Auto Insurance Policy • National General’s auto insurance coverage options allow you to build the policy you want. We will help you choose the best combination of coverages that are right for you and your budget.
Policy Level Coverages
Coverages that are the same for every vehicle on the policy…..
- Liability • Car insurance always begins with liability coverage since it is required by state law and protects you financially when you’re liable as the owner or driver of your vehicle.
- Uninsured Motorist • Coverage up to your policy limits in case a driver with insufficient coverage (or no coverage) injures you or your passengers or damages your vehicle.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) • Medical coverage up to the limits you chose for your and/or your passengers’ medical bills after an accident.
Vehicle Level Coverages
- Comprehensive • Helps pay for repairs or to replace your car if it is stolen, vandalized, or damaged in some way other than in a collision. Includes loss or damage from fire, flood, falling objects, wind, hail, and collision with an animal.
- Collision • Helps pay for repairs to your car for damage caused in an accident.
- Rental Reimbursement • After a covered accident, this coverage will reimburse you for the full or partial cost of renting a car while yours is in the shop being repaired.
- Towing and Labor • Covers towing to the nearest qualified repair shop and other basic emergency services such as fuel delivery if you run out of gas, jump starting your battery, and locksmith services if you’re locked out of your car.
- Car Loan Protection • If your car is declared a total loss because of an accident or theft, Safeco pays the difference between how much is left on your loan or lease and the depreciated value of your car. Sometimes called Loan and Lease Coverage.
- Special Equipment Coverage • Covers permanently installed custom equipment that was not installed at the factory or dealership. Eligible equipment includes stereos and DVD players as well as cosmetic/performance modifications like roll bars, custom wheels, lift kits, murals, and modified engines.
National General offers a number of discounts, particularly to safe drivers, to help you save on your car insurance policy.
- Dynamic Drive • Safe Driving Discount
- Home Owner • Significant savings on your auto insurance when you own your home, townhouse, condominium or mobile home.
- Multi Car • Save when you have more than one vehicle on your National General policy.
- Auto Pay • Save $4 per month by having your payment made automatically by Credit/Debit Card or Bank Account
- Senior Defensive Driver • Drivers 55+ who successfully completed an approved accident prevention course get a discount that lasts for two years.
- RVs and Autos on One Convenient Policy which can earn you a multi-vehicle discount of up to 20%. And if your RV and auto are ever involved in the same covered accident, you’ll only be responsible for one deductible, not both!
National General Insurance Features & Distinctives
What policy terms does National General offer in Washington?
• National General offers 6 and 12 month terms in Washington.
What is National General’s minimum down payment option in Washington?
• You can start your policy with just 1 month down.
How much does National General charge for an SR22? And is it filed electronically?
• National General does charges a $25 fee to file the SR22. SR22s are filed only in Washington and are filed electronically.
What’s the oldest a vehicle can be and have comprehensive and collision coverage in Washington?
• Comprehensive and Collision (aka Full Coverage) can be added to vehicles up to almost any vehicle irregardless of how old it is.
Is an insurance score used in my rating in Washington?
• It was, but with the current Credit Ban imposed by the Washington Insurance Commissioner, rates are not affected by credit since June 2021
Does National General have a Mobile App?
• Yes! Get the National General app at the Android or Apple App Store and make life easier. Make payments from anywhere, anytime. Get bill alerts. Access your account to update information and stay informed. View ID cards so you are never without your proof of insurance.