Kent WA Vehicle Insurance [FAQ]
Get Immediate Proof of Insurance!
You Do Not Need Auto Insurance… Up Until You Do#AccidentsHappen
We write car and truck insurance coverage for Kent residents. And lots of it. If you must get the very best car and truck insurance economically, what would you do? Kick back, affordable auto insurance is our specialty. Allow us to be your insurance shopper. We can easily get you covered today with immediate evidence of insurance coverage so you can not worry.
If you got a driving without insurance ticket, you can get insured before you see the judge so you can drive your car legally and potentially get your court fine minimized. Mid-Columbia Insurance offers insurance for Kent and all of King County and we are the general vehicle insurance professionals. Regardless where you are driving in the state, farm, city, or on the freeway insurance is necessary. Merely get yourself covered right away!
Get the protection you require at a rate you can afford. We specialize in representing the progressive insurance companies that provide the best rates for typical american family drivers in Kent.
Check Out Our Reviews
Worried about who to rely upon to handle your insurance coverage requirements? Have a look at the wonderful Google Reviews left by our customers. Can 1300+ individuals be wrong? As soon as you’re prepared to launch your car or truck insurance, reach out to us for a fast and free insurance quote. A general car quote from Mid-Columbia Insurance is more affordable than All State Farm Ers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Whatever you may need to find out about finding reasonable car insurance in Kent.
- Do you need to have automobile insurance in Kent Washington?
- What is the penalty for driving without automobile insurance in Kent Washington?
- What is the least expensive vehicle insurance coverage?
- Who has the cheapest vehicle insurance coverage?
- Am I actually required to buy automobile insurance coverage?
- What are the Washington state auto insurance laws?
- Can you buy Automobile insurance coverage if I don’t have a license?
- Can I just purchase state minimum limits?
- Can I drive a vehicle I just bought without insurance?
- How can I review insurance quotes?
- Who can I insure to drive my vehicle?
- Where can I receive the cheapest car insurance coverage
- Is Washington a no-fault car insurance state?
- When is it a good time to purchase insurance?
- Do you really need car insurance coverage to get your driver’s license?
- Why are you delaying?
Do you need to have cars and truck insurance in Kent Washington?
What is the fine for no car insurance in Kent Washington?
What is the most inexpensive automobile insurance?
Who has the cheapest automobile insurance coverage?
The least expensive car insurance depends upon a variety of ‘responsibility’ factors and how much each company weights each factor.
- If your driving history is clean, you have great credit, and you have actually carried higher liability limits for a a few years, Safeco and Progressive will probably offer the very best rates for you.
- If your driving history is spotless however you haven’t had insurance or have just had the state minimum, National General and Progressive will probably have the best rates for you.
- If you have collected a couple tickets or had a collision, Dairyland and National General will probably have the best rates for you.
- If you have actually had more than 2 wrecks or are hoarding tickets like they are Pokemon, then The General or Kemper Specialty will most likely offer the best rate for you.
One of the advantages of teaming up with an independent agency is we partner with multiple companies and can shop your insurance coverage for you and get you the very best price possible.
Do I really need to have vehicle insurance?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2016 an estimated 7,277,000 police-reported traffic crashes happened and 3,144,000 people were hurt in those crashes and 37,461 individuals were killed, approximately 102 people each day, one fatality every 14 minutes.
Another word for “liable” is “responsible.” So, if you are responsible for an accident, you really need responsibility insurance aka liability insurance in order to render financial relief to the victims of the mishap.
Attempt to think of a world without car insurance coverage. Every time you went for a drive, you would be risking your bank account and your future paychecks. Insurance coverage is created to help safeguard you from pricey and often ruinous surprises including legal expenses if you are taken to court because of a collision.
The worth of excellent insurance is only shown when you require it most. To put it simply, you do not need insurance coverage … till you do. #AccidentsHappen
5 Reasons Why You Require Auto Insurance Coverage
- Pay for medical bills for you and your guests after a car accident
- Secure the investment you have in your car or truck
- Save a great deal of money later on by spending a little bit now
- Protect your home, savings accounts, and other investments from a lawsuit
- Cover you, your passengers, and your car or truck if hit by an uninsured motorist
So, do you really need to have car insurance coverage? Just if you want to protect your possessions and drive legally. Your other choice is to get friendly with your local bus or uber driver.
What are the Washington state car insurance requirements?
The minimum car insurance coverage required in Washington state is as follows:
- Bodily Injury Liability Protection: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability Protection: $10,000 per accident
Personal Injury Protection and Uninsured Motorist coverages need to be offered by the insurer however the law allows you to decline them by signing a rejection form.
Not only must you have insurance coverage, but the law likewise requires that at any time you are operating a vehicle in the state, you need to have the ability to display your evidence of automobile insurance to law enforcement.
Failure to present proof of protection when asked for by a policeman is an infraction and can lead to fines of as much as $550.
Can I get Car insurance if I don’t have a driver’s license?
You can purchase auto insurance even if you do not have a drivers license. Someone may well question why someone would want to but there are a number of legitimate reasons someone may , all involving safeguarding themselves and their possessions.
- Your license is suspended, you most likely need to get insurance and an SR22 filing so you can get your license back.
- You do not drive for health reasons however you own a vehicle and a relative or a caregiver drives for you.
- You do not drive but you have a teenager who wishes to drive but you need to purchase the automobile in your name because they are underage.
- You’re trying to get your license and require practice with your learner’s permit before taking the driving test.
- You have a foreign driver’s license and are visiting the United States.
In all these circumstances and more we can help you in getting insurance even if don’t have a driver’s license.
You are not legally required to have a drivers license in order to get car insurance however most of the big-name insurance providers, like American Family, State Farm, Allstate, and GEICO, will not insure you without a drivers’s license. Likewise, some agents might not know how and why it can be done or might just not want to be bothered and therefore will brush you off with a quick ‘sorry’. Let us help. We know our stuff.
Can I just purchase state minimum liability limits?
If you don’t have any savings or assets, minimum liability insurance coverage may suffice however it would certainly not be enough to pay for major injuries or to repair/replace a newer automobile. Without sufficient coverage, your future wages may be garnished to cover the damage you trigger.
If you just are carrying the state-required $10,000 property damage and strike a vehicle worth say $20,000, the insurance provider will certainly pay the $10,000 however you will be accountable for the remainder.
In essence, you are self-insuring for anything over the insurance limits you have actually purchased. If you do not intend to have your salary garnished or your possessions sold, seriously consider acquiring greater limits of liability.
Should I drive an automobile I just bought without insurance?
You can’t lawfully drive a car without having insurance coverage. Even if you just now bought it. Washington state mandates all autos driven on public roads to be insured. The fact that you just now acquired the auto does not change the guideline.
Luckily, if all of your currently owned autos are insured by one insurance company then the coverage for those vehicles automatically transfers for a couple of days (check with your insurance agent to find out precisely how much time).
If every one of your cars or trucks are not insured with one insurance company, you will want to call your agent before you drive off the lot. If you do not have an insurance policy, you will certainly want to call Mid-Columbia Insurance before you drive off the lot
How do I analyze insurance quotes?
- Ensure you are requesting each insurer provide the exact same insurance coverages
- Make sure you have each agent quote you with the identical driving MVR
- Be sure you take a look at the company’s online reviews
It is very simple for an agent to have a reduced price tag if they are offering less coverage or are not including the very same tickets and accidents. Make sure you’re receiving a proper comparison. Select the same set of coverages, limits, and deductibles and the exact same driving MVR for each quote you get.
After you’ve gotten a number of auto insurance quotes, think about the helpfulness of the representative you spoke to and how well they clarified things and also if they recommended other coverages. Then check out the agency’s Google Reviews to make certain they meet your criteria.
Now you are prepared to select the company that is the very best suit for you and we feel confident it will be Mid-Columbia Insurance.
Who can I cover to drive my automobile?
Where can I receive the least expensive auto insurance
Sometimes the least expensive price is not the best deal. Are you getting the coverage you require? Does the insurance policy have coverages and exclusions that are satisfactory to you?
A simple way for an insurance company to have low rates is to deny every claim. Pick a company with an excellent reputation and not an insurance company whose only advertising is about saving you 15% or saving those who change some phony dollar amount – you know it is a lie. They know it works.
If you are simply trying to find the most affordable rate you have a number of alternatives:
- Stop receiving tickets like others gather Pokemon.
- Only purchase the coverages you need to have.
- Get quotes from a variety of agencies. Each insurance companies weighs rating factors in a different way so rates can differ by hundreds of dollars. As an independent agency, Mid-Columbia Insurance automatically shops several companies for you.
- Raise your deductibles.
Is Washington a no-fault car insurance state?
When is usually the best time to look for insurance?
When you navigate significant life events you really should reassess your vehicle insurance protections as well as review if you might get new discounts. Here are times when your rates are most likely to adjust. If the change is considerable, it might be a good time for a requote.
- Car accident – You possibly will forfeit your Safe Driver Discount even if the accident was not-at-fault.
- Putting on or removing a driver from your policy – might either boost or reduce your price depending on the driver’s age as well as driving MVR.
- DUI or other significant infraction – If your present company learns about it, you will be seeing a price hike at your following renewal.
- Marriage or Divorce – Significant life change. May or may not affect your premium
- Buying a car – the company that had the very best rate for your previous car might not be best with the new one.
- Relocating – every zip code has a different rate and every insurance company has different variables for those postal codes.
- Update of your credit rating – if it gets significantly better, ask your insurer if they can have your credit rating re-ordered.
- Getting a new home – You may now live in a different rating postal code and you might now qualify for the home owner’s discount as well as the bundling discount.
- Putting on a teenager – Teens are three times more prone to be involved in a wreck, so consider yourself fortunate if your insurance premium just doubles.
Are you required to have vehicle insurance to get your driver’s license
Car insurance coverage is not required to obtain your Washington driver’s license however when you take the driving examination, you must present to the examiner proof that the auto you are going to use is insured.
So, if the auto belongs to another person, you can just display the owner’s insurance to the examiner. Only make certain, for your security as well as the car owner’s, that their insurance will cover you as a driver.
Why are you waiting?
Mid-Columbia Insurance partners with companies like Dairyland, Progressive, Safeco, National General, Kemper Specialty, Bristol West, Foremost, The General, and also other insurance companies that millions have come to know and count on.
Likewise, due to the variety of companies we represent, we can insure most autos as well as most drivers even if they are considered a risky driver. Regardless of your driving record, if it is great, terrible, or horible, we can insure you.
Testimonials & Referrals
Kent is a city located in King County, Washington, United States. The sixth largest city in the state, Kent is in the heart of the Seattle–Tacoma metropolitan area. Kent is connected to Seattle, Bellevue and Tacoma via two freeways, numerous city streets, Sounder commuter rail, and – coming in 2024 – Link light rail. Incorporated in 1890, it is the second oldest incorporated city in King County, after Seattle. Kent’s population as of April 2010 was 92,411 according to the 2010 census. Annexation in July 1, 2010 increased the population by 11,000 Kent is generally divided into 3 sections: West Hill (mixed residential and commercial along Interstate 5), Valley (primarily industrial and commercial with some medium density residential; significant parkland along Green River), and East Hill (primarily residential with retail).
The Kent area was first permanently settled by European Americans in the 1850s along the banks of what was then the White River. The first settler was Samuel Russell, who sailed the White and Duwamish rivers until he claimed a plot of land southeast of modern-day downtown Kent in the spring of 1853. Russell was followed by several other settlers who quickly staked claims around the area. The settlements were originally known as “White River” and later the town was called “Titusville” after an early settler by the name of James Henry Titus. (There is still a “Titusville Station” sign on Gowe Street near First Avenue). In 1861 a post office was established under the name White River and was located at the farm of David and Irena Neely who settled in modern-day Kent in 1854. In 1855 their farm was attacked by Native Americans when David Neely served as a lieutenant in the Territorial Army. Another settler was Henry L. Yesler, who was the first sawmill operator in Seattle. By 1870 the population was 277 and all of the quality bottom-land had been claimed.
Throughout the 1860s and 70’s, grain and forage crops such as wheat, barley, oats, hay, and timothy accounted for much of the annual return of farmers in the valley. During the late 1870s the town discovered hops production as a major source of income. Due to an aphid invasion which affected hops crops in Europe, hops from the Puget Sound area began to command high prices. Hops were shipped from Titusville either by the river or via rail. In 1889 the town was renamed for the County of Kent, the major hops-producing region in England. Ezra Meeker was asked by the Northern Pacific Railroad to name its station. Meeker suggested that it be known as Kent as it was “Hop Capitol of the West”. Hops production in the White River valley came to an end soon after its own invasion of aphids in 1891.