Whidbey Island WA Car & Truck Insurance [FAQ]
Receive Immediate Proof of Insurance Coverage!
You Do Not Need Auto Insurance… Until You Do#AccidentsHappen
We write auto insurance coverage for Whidbey Island residents and lots of it. If you need to get the best car and truck insurance at a low-price, what would you do? Chill, cheap car insurance coverage is our game. We want to be your insurance guru. We can easily get you covered today with instant proof of insurance so you can relax.
If you acquired a driving without insurance ticket, our team can get you properly insured before you see the judge so you can drive lawfully and potentially get your fine reduced. Mid-Columbia Insurance serves for Whidbey Island and all of Island County and we are the general car insurance experts. Regardless of where you are driving in the state, farm, city, or on the freeway insurance is required. Just get yourself insured right away!
Get the coverage you require at a rate you can afford. We specialize in representing the progressive insurance providers that provide the very best rates for typical american family drivers in Whidbey Island.
Check Out Our Reviews
Worried about who to trust to manage your insurance requirements? Check out the great Google Reviews shared by our customers. Can 1300+ individuals be wrong? When you are all set to get your car or truck insurance coverage kicked off, speak to us for a fast and totally free insurance quote. A basic car or truck quote from Mid-Columbia Insurance is much less expensive than All State Farm Ers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Whatever you must learn about finding reasonable car insurance coverage in Whidbey Island.
- Do you need to have automobile insurance coverage in Whidbey Island Washington?
- What is the fine for driving without automobile insurance coverage in Whidbey Island Washington?
- What is the cheapest vehicle insurance?
- Who has the least expensive car insurance?
- Do I actually need to carry automobile insurance coverage?
- What are the Washington state auto insurance coverage requirements?
- Can you get Car insurance if I don’t have a driver’s license?
- Should I simply purchase state minimum limits?
- May I drive an automobile I recently bought without insurance coverage?
- How do I compare insurance coverage quotes?
- Who can I insure to drive my car?
- How can I buy the most inexpensive automobile insurance coverage
- Is Washington a no-fault car insurance state?
- When is the best time to buy insurance?
- Are you required to have automobile insurance coverage to get a drivers license?
- Why are you waiting?
Do you need to have cars and truck insurance coverage in Whidbey Island Washington?
What is the penalty for driving without cars and truck insurance coverage in Whidbey Island Washington?
What is the most inexpensive vehicle insurance coverage?
What company has the most affordable vehicle insurance?
The most inexpensive vehicle insurance depends upon a number of ‘responsibility’ considerations and how much each company weights each aspect.
- If your driving record is clear, you have great credit, and you have carried higher liability limits for a number of years, Progressive and Safeco will most likely have the best rates for you.
- If your driving MVR is clean but you do not currently have insurance coverage or have simply had the state minimum, Progressive and National General will most likely offer the best prices for you.
- If you have received a couple tickets or had a collision, Dairyland and National General will most likely have the best rates for you.
- If you have had more than 2 car accidents or are hoarding tickets like Pokemon, then Kemper Specialty or The General will have the very best rate for you.
Among the benefits of teaming up with an independent insurance agent is that we partner with multiple insurance companies and can look around your insurance coverage for you and get you the very best rate possible.
Am I really required to carry car insurance?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2016 approximately 7,277,000 police-reported traffic wrecks occurred and 3,144,000 people were injured in those mishaps and 37,461 people were killed, an average of 102 individuals every day, one death every 14 minutes.
Another word for “liable” is “responsible.” So, if you are responsible for car accident, you need responsibility insurance aka liability insurance in order to render financial relief to the victims of the traffic collision.
Try to envision a country without car insurance coverage. Whenever you took a drive, you would be risking your bank account and your future income. Insurance is created to assist safeguard you from expensive and sometimes ruinous incidents including legal costs if you are brought to justice as a result of a crash.
The value of excellent insurance coverage is just exposed when you need it most. Simply put, you do not require insurance coverage … until you do. #AccidentsHappen
5 Reasons Why You Need Vehicle Insurance Coverage
- Take care of hospital costs for you and your passengers after an accident
- Cover you, your guests, and your vehicle if struck by an uninsured motorist
- Save a lot of cash later on by spending a bit now
- Secure the investment you have in your car or truck
- Secure your home, savings accounts, and other possessions from a lawsuit
So, do you actually need to have car or truck insurance coverage? Only if you wish to secure your properties and drive legally. Your other alternative is to get friendly with your neighborhood bus or uber driver.
What are the Washington state auto insurance regulations?
The minimum vehicle insurance coverage needed in Washington state is as follows:
- Bodily Injury Liability Protection: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: $10,000 per accident
Personal Injury Protection and Uninsured Motorist coverages have to be made available by the insurance company but the law enables you to refuse them by signing a rejection form.
Not only must you have insurance coverage, but the law also requires that any time you are operating a vehicle in the state, you must have the ability to show your evidence of auto insurance coverage to the police.
Failure to display evidence of insurance when requested by a policeman is considered a violation and can result in fines of approximately $550.
Can you buy Auto insurance coverage without a license?
You can buy auto insurance even though you do not have a driver license. Somebody might just question why someone would bother however there are a number of legitimate reasons someone might wish to, all relating to protecting themselves and their assets.
- You don’t drive but you have a teen who wants to drive however you need to purchase the automobile in your name because they are a minor.
- You have a foreign drivers license and are visiting the United States.
- You don’t drive a car for health factors however you own an automobile and a relative or a caregiver drives for you.
- Your license is suspended, you most likely need to get insurance coverage and an SR22 filing so you can get your license back.
- You’re attempting to get your license and need to practice with your learner’s permit before taking the driving test.
In all these scenarios and more we can assist you in getting insurance coverage even if don’t have a driver’s license.
You are not lawfully required to have a drivers license in order to get car or truck insurance coverage however the majority of the prominent insurance companies, like State Farm, GEICO, Allstate, and American Family, will not insure you without a driver’s license. Likewise, some agents may not be familiar with how and why it can be done or might simply not wish to be bothered and therefore will brush you off with a quick ‘no’. Let us help. We know our stuff.
Should I simply purchase state minimum limits?
If you have no savings or assets, minimum liability insurance coverage might be enough however it would certainly not be enough to cover significant injuries or to repair/replace a newer automobile. Without sufficient insurance coverage, your future income may be garnished to cover the damages you cause.
If you just are carrying the state-required $10,000 property damage and wreck an auto worth say $20,000, the insurer will certainly pay the $10,000 however you will be responsible for the rest.
Basically, you are self-insuring for anything over the insurance limits you have actually chosen. If you do not want to have your earnings garnished or your assets sold off, seriously think about buying higher limits of liability.
Should I drive an automobile I recently bought without insurance coverage?
You can’t legally drive a car or truck without insurance. Even if you recently bought it. Washington state requires all autos driven on public roads to be properly insured. The fact that you just bought the vehicle does not change the guideline.
The good news is, if all your currently owned automobiles are insured by one insurance company then the coverage from those vehicles automatically transfers for a few days (contact your insurance provider to find out exactly how long).
If all of your cars and trucks are not insured with one company, you will wish to call your agent before you drive off the lot. If you do not have insurance, you ought to call Mid-Columbia Insurance prior to driving off with the car
How can I compare insurance quotes?
- Make sure you are requesting each company provide the identical coverages
- Make certain you have each agent quote you with the exact same driving record
- Ensure you check the agency’s online track record
It is really easy for a company to have a lower price if they are presenting reduced insurance coverage or are not using the exact same tickets and wrecks. Be sure you’re getting an accurate comparison. Select the same package of protections, limits, and deductibles and also the very same driving record for every quote you get.
After you’ve obtained a number of car insurance quotes, consider the helpfulness of the agent you spoke with and how well they described things and also if they suggested other insurance coverages. Then check the agency’s Google Reviews to make sure they measure up to your requirements.
At this time you are prepared to choose the insurance company that is the best fit for you and we trust it is Mid-Columbia Insurance.
Who may I insure to drive my vehicle?
Where can I receive the cheapest cars and truck insurance
Sometimes the most affordable rate is not the best deal. Are you getting the protection you require? Does the policy have coverages and exclusions that are reasonable to you?
An easy method for an insurance provider to have low rates is to deny every claim. Select an insurance company with a good track record and not a company whose sole marketing is about saving you 15% or saving those who switch some bogus dollar amount – you know it is a lie. They understand it works.
If you are simply looking for the lowest rate you have a number of options:
- Get quotes from a variety of insurers. Each insurer weighs rating elements differently so costs can vary by hundreds of dollars. As an independent agency, Mid-Columbia Insurance automatically shops several insurers for you.
- Stop collecting tickets like others gather Pokemon.
- Just carry the protections you have to have.
- Raise your deductibles.
Is Washington a no-fault automobile insurance state?
When is usually a great Time to look for insurance?
When you move across major life situations you should reassess your car insurance policy and review if you might get new discounts. Here are some of the times when your prices are likely to adjust. If the adjustment is significant, it might be time get a new quote.
- Car accident – You possibly will forfeit your Safe Driver Discount even if the car accident was not your fault.
- Moving – every zip code has a different rate and every insurer has different factors for those postal codes.
- Adding or taking off a driver from your policy – might either raise or decrease your rate depending on their age and also driving record.
- Adjustment of your credit score – if your score considerably improves, ask your agent if they can re-order your credit report.
- DUI or other major infraction – If your current insurer discovers it, you will be seeing a price increase at your following renewal.
- Marriage or Divorce – Major life change. May or may not affect your price
- Getting a home – You might now live in a different rating zip code as well as you might now get the homeowner’s discount as well as the bundling discount.
- Getting a auto – the insurer that had the very best price for your old car or truck may not be best with this one.
- Adding a teenage driver – They are 3x more prone to be involved in an accident, so consider yourself lucky if your insurance premium only doubles.
Are you required to have vehicle insurance to get a drivers license
You do not need vehicle insurance to obtain your Washington driver’s license but when you take the driving examination, you have to show to the trainer evidence that the automobile you are planning to use is insured.
So, if the car or truck belongs to somebody else, you can just display the owner’s insurance card to the driving instructor. Just make certain, for your safety and security as well as the vehicle owner’s, that their plan will cover you as a driver.
Why are you waiting?
Mid-Columbia Insurance represents companies like National General, Safeco, Progressive, Dairyland, Foremost, Kemper Specialty, The General, Bristol West, and also other insurance companies that millions have come to know and trust.
Also, as a result of the variety of companies we work with, we can cover most autos and most drivers even if they are considered a high-risk driver. No matter your driving MVR, if it is excellent, poor, or horible, we can cover you.
Testimonials & Referrals
About Whidbey Island
Whidbey Island (historical spellings Whidby, Whitbey, or Whitby) is the largest of the islands composing Island County, Washington, in the United States. (The other large island is Camano Island, east of Whidbey.) Whidbey is about 30 miles (48 km) north of Seattle, and lies between the Olympic Peninsula and the I-5 corridor of western Washington. The island forms the northern boundary of Puget Sound. It is home to Naval Air Station Whidbey Island.
Whidbey Island is home to 67,000 residents (according to the 2000 census). An estimated 29,000 of Whidbey Island residents live in rural locations.
Whidbey Island is approximately 55 miles (89 km) long (if measured along roads traveled from the extreme north to extreme south), or about 37 miles (60 km) when measured along a straight line from north to south, and 1.5 to 10 miles (2.4 to 16.1 km) wide, with a total land area of 168.67 square miles (436.9 km2), making it the 40th largest island in the United States. It is ranked as the fourth longest and fourth largest island in the contiguous United States, behind Long Island, New York;Padre Island, Texas (the world’s longest barrier island); and Isle Royale, Michigan. In the state of Washington, it is the largest island, followed by Orcas Island.